Every now and then, The Knot throws local parties with awesome wedding pros for some face-to-face idea swapping and trend spotting. The result? Truly trend-forward cocktail parties filled with enchanting florals and drool-worthy menus. Here are our five favorite trends from the most recent soirees that you should definitely steal for your own reception.
We even threw in all the event hashtags for even more inspiration.
1. Over-the-Top AquaticsMcCune Photography
Acrobatic poolside performers from Revel Society made a splash
while staying afloat during an impressive water show at our Los Angeles affair at Paramour Mansion.
2. Can’t-Miss Bar SignsBeing Joy Photography
In Chicago, a neon light reminded guests to raise their glasses as they sipped wine at an alfresco rosé bar created by Limelight Catering. We’ll toast to that.
- Eric and Jenn PhotographyPut a textured twist on traditional signage by transforming your one-of-a-kind wedding hashtag into a 3-D wood sign, like Post-Studio Projects did at our Houston mixer. (Extra points if you can make it into a photo backdrop!)
4. Custom CupsBeing Joy Photography
Not just for backyard barbecues, these personalized cups are proof that plastic drinkware has a place outside of rowdy college tailgates. Just ask your stationer to create a logo for welcome cocktails or for the wedding day, like Maxe Designs did for our Chicago soiree.
5. Chic SwingsEric and Jenn Photography
F. Dellit Designs put a leafy twist on traditional seating by suspending verdant oversize swings from the ceiling at our Houston bash. If these don’t flood your wedding hashtag, we don’t know what will.