Home Wedding ExperienceDestination Weddings Asia, Australia, and Africa: Marriage License Requirements

Asia, Australia, and Africa: Marriage License Requirements

by vietwedding


When to Go: June-August
Residency Requirement: None
Necessary Documents: Notice of Intended Marriage Form (available from any Australian Embassy or Consulate), to be signed by an Australian Diplomatic Officer or an Australian Consular Officer and filed with the officiant a minimum of 31 days before the ceremony. You’ll also need to show your passports, birth certificates; evidence of how any previous marriage ended (copies of Divorce Papers, Absolute Decree or Death Certificates).
More Info: www.dfat.gov.au/missions/


When to Go: May to October
Residency Requirement: None
Necessary Documents: Passports; birth certificates; notarized letters of paternal consent if under 21 must be signed by father unless he is deceased; proof of divorce or death certificate of former spouse/s (if applicable).
Note: Registration formalities take about 15 minutes (you both must appear) but paperwork processing takes one working day. Other requirements vary by church.
More Info: Fiji Visitors Bureau, (800) 932-3454, or www.bulafiji.com

French Polynesia

When to Go: May to October
Residency Requirement: At least one of you must live in French Polynesia for 30 days (no fighting, now!)
Necessary Documents: Birth certificates (issued within 3 months of your wedding and translated into French), medical certificates, 1 certificate of residency, 1 copy of notarized marriage contract, customary certificates, certificates of celibacy, and a certificate of publication of marriage bans in the non-resident’s hometown
Note: Assuming one of you can establish residency, we highly recommend that you contact a wedding planner who specializes in destination weddings or in Tahiti as early as possible to help you fulfill the requirements.
More Info: Call the wedding coordinator at the resort where you’ll be staying or a travel agent that specializes in Tahiti or destination weddings. Tahiti Tourism, (800) 365-4949


When to Go: May and June, September and October
Residency Requirement: none
Necessary documents: Marriage application forms completed and translated into Mongolian and approved from a notary office; Certificate of your marital status to be issued by the Consular Department of the Embassy; If divorced, you’ll need legal proof of the official divorce; Medical proof that you don’t have AIDS, or any sexually transmitted or psychological diseases; Statement from the Police Department that you have no criminal records; Written verification of your address; Official statement from Visa Issuing Authorities that you have no visa problems.
More Info:mongolia.usembassy.gov


When to Go: Anytime but August
Residency Requirement: None, but processing the below paperwork takes about a month
Necessary Documents: Passport; if divorced, proof of dissolution of any previous Marriage(s); if former spouse is deceased, death certificate; a completed/signed affidavit of nationality and eligibility to marry; original birth certificate; police record. All of the documents except your birth certificate and passport need to be translated into Arabic.
More Info:www.usembassy.ma


When to Go: November to February
Residency Requirement: None
Necessary Documents: Passports; proof of divorce and/or death certificate for former spouses/s (if applicable); “Letters of Certification” from the embassy of those getting married, translated and certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
More Info: U.S. Embassy in Thailand at fax (011) 66-2-205-4103 or www.thai-la.net

Photo: Sophie Maher Photography

You may also like

Leave a Comment